Where do I go to turn in my emancipation papers, and who do I talk to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdbsoccer06

I am 17 years old and I am an active person. I love to play soccer among other things. But I need my parents signatures, the only problem is I live with my fiance and her family. My parents and I have had problems over the past few years.

It all started when I met my girlfriend. They didn't know about her because they had told me that I wasn't allowed to have a girlfriend. As it happened I began to sneak out. Then my parents caught me and took me out of school except for one class. This was in February or March of 2008. During the following summer my girlfriend broke up with me. All was fine until the late summer early fall, when my ex began to come to my soccer games and was heard talking about me.

My mother then invited my ex to church with us and we hit it off again. All was going really good. Until the breaking point came. My, now fiance, was talking to a friend at youth group about our past. This friend was confused about the specifics and also has a large mouth. Well she took a confused story and told some other girls. These girls then went to their parents who then went to me leaders of the church. The long and short of it is is my fiance and I were told that we could no longer see each other. This was around Christmas 2008. Well as it goes i snuck out to see her again and my parents got mad. Finally they called me into their room and told me that they were going to take me out of school again. That was around February 19, 2009. So rather than have all my references at school and friendships at school ruined I chose to move out. I called my fiance and she came to get me along with all I could pack in three bags. My grandfather called me at my fiance's house and asked me to go to his house. I did and I live at my granparent's house and my fiance's house for about four months.

Then i decided to go home. I wanted to have comprimise and be able to see my fiance every now and then. But no, my parents were very adiment about me not seeing her. Well in didn't work out and I moved out again. I am now living with my fiance and her family again.

I want to get emancipated. I live in Michigan and I have filled out the forms. I need to know where to go to drop off the papers. Also I need to know who i need to talk to. I need to get emancipated before soccer starts because I need to sign to play.

I have left out many arguments and confrentations over the past year and a half, maybe two years. My dad has physically assulted me more than four times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back