Where and when to sue brother for unpaid debt??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnor1

Name: Eduardo L Noriega

Question:
I lent my brother money on credit cards and he has always paid the payment but after a fight we had he has failed to make payments out of spite. I am now receiving cancelation notices and late fees. I will start to pay as not reuin my credit but he has already done damage. I want to sue for what he owes plus damages to credit. The money he borrowed was made out to his company
EDNOR FOOD SERVICE Co. and Specialty Trading in El Paso TX which makes a profit has assets and accounts receivable upwards $500,000 or more at any given time
Do I take him to small claims court or civil court?
Also money owed on two different cards, mine about 1750.00 and my wife about 4750.00 so would we sue him seperaptly as to max out the 5,000.00 in small claims court? Also I moved away from El Paso TX and now live in Dallas TX area. Do I sue him here in Dallas or El Paso?
I have tried to work this out with him and left him alone about it but he just negleted it more.
Thank You

File separately so you can recover the full amounts you and your wife lent him; you can file in Dallas. Hopefully, you will have emails and back up documentation to prove your case. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back