When to file a report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

worriedmommy

Hi, I am writing from FL. I am the primary custodial parent of my four year old daughter. Her father sees her every other weekend, pretty consistently. Recently, my daughter has been telling me that she plays outside alone, which is concerning to me. This weekend she came home and proceeded to tell me that she was lost in a store, and a lady took her to a desk and tried to call for her dad. After questioning him, he informed me that he ALLOWED my four year old and his girlfriends eight year old son to go alone to the toy department of Walmart. It only takes a second for something to happen, by the grace of God, nothing happened. I don't know what to do, I'm concerned for her safety and am afraid this could occur again. Should I file a report... and with whom?

I would have a serious discussion with him and work this out. DO NOT GET CHILD SERVICES INVOLVED IN YOUR LIFE. You will regret it. You are both adults, work it out. If he just refuses, then go back into court and request that he get supervised visitation. DO NOT bring in Child services.

I think you are making a big deal over this. Social services probably will not do anything as the child currently is not in any danger. Keep in mind also that kids that age do tend to tell some tales, and you are looking to bust dad even though all you have is the word of a 4 yr old. Dad is still likely going to get his visitation. I think you would be better off adressing your concerns to Dad.

Thank you both very much for your thoughts, I really appreciate it. I just wasn't sure what to do-- I really hope this was a wake up call for him.

Also, Duranie... he did tell me himself that he allowed her to go alone, that is the main cause of my concern.

Thanks Again
FL mom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back