1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

When the Coporate Veil is "Pierced" What Insurance Covers?

Discussion in 'Life Insurance, Annuities & Other' started by Guest, Aug 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Law Topic Starter Guest

Hi Everyone,

I run a small business under a registered LLC in CT. I have been recently looking into purchasing both or one: Small Business Insurance and or Personal Liability Insurance. My concern is having to do with piercing the corporate veil. Bottom line: I want to make sure my personal assets are protected as much as possible. Since my business is online and does not have many assets I am not too concerned about losing those (just the personal ones). So my question is:

Lets say that someone sues my company and somehow they are able to pierce the corporate veil and come after my personal assets. If I had one of these insurance types which one would cover my personal assets? I assume its the personal liability insurance but was thinking it might be the business insurance... Any thoughts? Thanks for the help!

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

If you're incorporated properly, you'd have to have tried to destroy your company in order for anyone to come after your personal stuff.