when speeding is not speeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

rightgirl

I am from NC. Charged with speeding (78 mph in a 65 mph zone) in Brunswick county, VA. This may sound like an old song. But I really was not speeding. I think the officer mistook my car for the car that passed me. The officer was off the road, his view was abstracted by the trees. The speeding vehicle passed me, then spotted the police car, and slowed down pulling up in front of me. I think the police office did not realize that he read the speed of that vehicle, and not mine because that vehicle was now in front of me, and not in the right lane as it had been when the officer read its speed. Well, I was charged with speeding. The hearing will be in VA, and financially and timewise I can not afford to drive there or hire an attorney to handle the case. Can I claim prayer for judgment? If I can, how can this be done in VA? Thank you.

Last edited:
Virginia is very agressive in enforcing the traffic laws. Reckless is anything over 80 mph. You cannot afford not to hire an attorney or drive back. You should be able to negotiate down to a nine over which is no insurance increase.

Thank you. I will have to review my options more closely. Does any one have a website for Brunswick general district court? Is discovery allowed in VA? Thank you very much again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back