When I sign my parental rights over.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

danjoethurau

When I sign my parental rights over, will my child support be relived if My ex's husband adopts the child?
I have not been in my childs life for 6 years. I wrote a letter to my ex basically saying how I want to sign my rights over and to see if her husband will adopt the child. She called me and agrees. She said she wanted me to call her lawyer ask what we have to do and what paper work we all have to sign. She mentioned that she is totally capable of finacially takeing care of the child and that she wants all back child support to be wiped clean. Is this even possible. I live in Michigan.

Your child support will go away when her husband adopts the child. Thank God the child has a man in his/her life. I hope the child never thinks twice about you again.

As long as she was not on any state assistance she might be able to erase errars but that is a question for an attorney in that state. You do realize that you become a legal stranger to the child if you do this? Do you really think it is in the childs best interest?

Duraine, he hasn't seen the child in 6 years. That in itself is abandonment and he could have his rights forcefully terminated. He just wants his child support responsibility gone. Letting the spouse's new husband adopt is the thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back