When Daddy don't get his way!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjunbug78

My child is now three years old. His father never really had much to do with him. Daddy dearest is very abusive and has a record to prove it. The thing is I used to jump when he said he wanted to see our son but quickly grew tired of giving him his way just to keep the peace. Now he has filed for full costody stating that I am unworthy....blah...blah...blah...I have two older kids I have raised on my own with no prolbems. The one (of his five kids including our son) that he did partially raise hates him and wants to testify on my behalf, not to mention Daddy dearest got this 16 year old taken away from him for beating him. We do have an old custody order where I have custody and he gets him for a few hours a week. When he dont get his way he takes me back to court. Here is my prolbem.....Does he actually have a chance of getting our son??? Is there anything I can do when he lies and does evil things? Will the Judge see the truth??? I am worried because I had him convicted of Stalking me and no offense to anyone but the law will not protect my kids or me untill I can PROVE he's already done something to hurt us. Domestic Violence is a joke to police, judges and just about everyone else. How can I protect my kids????

How do you protect your kids? By not having kids with an idiot. He very likely will not get custody but you need an attoreny to help your case. You have to prove he is a danger to the child, otherwise he is entitled to visitation. The courts are going to encourage his involvement.

Thank you for your reply. It was a little harsh though. Daddy dearest appeared to be a good man. He didn't show his true colors until I was five months pregnate. Things only got worse from there including his violence with me and others around him. I know the court will incourage his involvement but everytime I don't do what he wants (not what the court wants) he gets a warrant, he says I am following him and gets a warrant, i won't let him see his kid-gets another warrant. All the time our son is farthest from his mind. That is what I am up against!

I read these threads frequently and it just kills me when I have to read responses like, "Don't have kids with an idiot." The people who log on asking for help don't need to be further berated for any mistakes or bad decisions they've made in their lives. I'm sure anyone posting on this site with a problem beats him/herself up enough for the situation they're in. They come here for legal help, not a Judge Judy tongue lashing. I'm sure it's easy for a lot of you responders to sit high in front of your computers, read these posts and pass judgement. Please don't. Unless you've been there, you have no idea what it's like to live with a situation where you cannot find peace for you and your children.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back