Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft When a job employment says "adjudication withheld"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjahpsct

I was arrested in Georgia for aggravated assault. I was in jail three months and let out on an OR Bond (incredibly). I struck a deal with the DA to dead docket my case as long as I stay out of trouble for a year. No problem. The charge was false and I was never in trouble before. I've been told by my Public Defender that the arrest may show up on a background check for a job. My question is this:

I am filling out an application online right now. The question on the application states "Have you been convicted entered a No Contest plea, had adjudication withheld or entered into a pretrial intervention program for either a felony or any misdemeanor involving theft, dishonesty, violence or sexual misconduct?"

I am assuming I need to mark yes? The fact that the case was dead docketed makes it adjudication withheld? Thank you so much for all your help. God bless.

This really depends. If the DA did not proceed to court with your case then you do not have anything at all.
Did you enter a plea, or even make it that far? If not, you can most likely answer "no".

If your description of events is accurate you can answer no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you

i never went to court or had my arraignment to state guilty, not guilty or no contest. crazy isnt it? i will mark no on the application. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back