Assault & Battery What Would You Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazedone

I have a neighbor lady who tried to "stake her claim" with me last year. She is not at all attractive but I thought she and I could be friends. One day as I was taking her somewhere, she puts her hand on my thigh and says "my sister always hated me because I could give a man an erection instantly and she has to work at it". My jaw dropped and I removed her hand and told her that that was not something I needed to know.

After that, one day she gave me a hug and tried to pull me down on the couch. I squirmed my way out of it and asked her if she had any decency or respect for my boundaries. She replied "no, but that's just me".

I took her to the store after that and she flashed me her "44D's" telling me they stopped traffic in downtown Spokane some yesteryear. Like I really cared! I again told her that she needed to stop such actions and behaviors.

So, I quit talking to her or seeing her. The next thing I know it is front page news in our town that she had accused a driver of inappropriate touching of her. I don't know what exactly but he was arrested, poor guy is a retired high school coach who drove the disabled around to appointments, etc.

I was infuriated that she had no respect of my boundaries, but suddenly was imposing boundaries on someone else. I realized this lady is nuts and have had no further contact, although on the way to the mailbox she tried to apologize to me and told me that her therapist said she was starting to "feel" again. Well, I didn't care, she wasn't going to be "feeling" with me in the picture, I then turned and left. :dgrin

Now I'm wondering if I can be of help to the driver in his case. I feel like I should say something to his lawyer, but I don't want to get involved. My friends tell me that I MUST tell what I know.

What do you think?

Practice the fine art of MYOB ;)

You have NO idea that this person wasn't actually the victim here.

Sigh. OK, now for the legal response:

By all means contact this person's attorney. Be prepared to have anything and everything you say questioned, challenged and perhaps disregarded.

I think you need to be brave and talk to the person's defense attorney,
not spineless and week, letting a potentially innocent person go to jail.

His innocence or guilt lies with court. Fact that this woman has made sexual advances towards him does not mean her accusations are false! I agree she probably made it up but no one knows for sure but these two persons. The OP risks the same allegations coming towards him by coming forward. Again his experience with this woman does not mean this other man is not guilty

You didn't do it right away, but depending on the time frame involved, you could possibly make sexual assault claims against HER. If it were me, and if I truly felt that this other guy might be getting seriously hosed, I would make contact with the attorney, and the police to make a report. Even if they didn't pursue it, your incidents would be documented.

I've never been one to mind my own business. Too many people out there in the world keep their heads down when they have a chance to help someone else out. There are plenty of people in our prisons that wouldn't be there if witnesses would have had the courage to speak up.

I have a neighbor lady who tried to "stake her claim" with me last year. She is not at all attractive but I thought she and I could be friends. One day as I was taking her somewhere, she puts her hand on my thigh and says "my sister always hated me because I could give a man an erection instantly and she has to work at it". My jaw dropped and I removed her hand and told her that that was not something I needed to know.

After that, one day she gave me a hug and tried to pull me down on the couch. I squirmed my way out of it and asked her if she had any decency or respect for my boundaries. She replied "no, but that's just me".

I took her to the store after that and she flashed me her "44D's" telling me they stopped traffic in downtown Spokane some yesteryear. Like I really cared! I again told her that she needed to stop such actions and behaviors.

So, I quit talking to her or seeing her. The next thing I know it is front page news in our town that she had accused a driver of inappropriate touching of her. I don't know what exactly but he was arrested, poor guy is a retired high school coach who drove the disabled around to appointments, etc.

I was infuriated that she had no respect of my boundaries, but suddenly was imposing boundaries on someone else. I realized this lady is nuts and have had no further contact, although on the way to the mailbox she tried to apologize to me and told me that her therapist said she was starting to "feel" again. Well, I didn't care, she wasn't going to be "feeling" with me in the picture, I then turned and left. :dgrin

Now I'm wondering if I can be of help to the driver in his case. I feel like I should say something to his lawyer, but I don't want to get involved. My friends tell me that I MUST tell what I know.

What do you think?

:yes::yes::yes: I would But she could be telling the truth about this ...ya never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back