what to do

lilskunk

Jurisdiction
Illinois
My adult son had a stalking/no contact order issued against him by jp. Court plenary JUNE 12. I have a stalking/no contact order against the same jp. Court plenary hearing JUNE 15. My question-- My sons evidence for his case with jp is also my evidence for my case with jp. 1- In hearing my sons evidence june 12- he is going to know what my evidence is for June 15. 2- I have a protective order and jp cannot be 500 ft to me. I am my sons witiness June 12 -how can that work.

My adult son had a stalking/no contact order issued against him by jp. Court plenary JUNE 12. I have a stalking/no contact order against the same jp. Court plenary hearing JUNE 15. My question-- My sons evidence for his case with jp is also my evidence for my case with jp. 1- In hearing my sons evidence june 12- he is going to know what my evidence is for June 15. 2- I have a protective order and jp cannot be 500 ft to me. I am my sons witiness June 12 -how can that work.

For court proceedings, no contact orders are waived for the duration of the court proceeding.

That means you must be on your best behavior and do nothing that is illegal or uncivil.

If you do, you'll probably get smacked with a contempt citation and locked up in jail, plus a large fine.

For court proceedings, no contact orders are waived for the duration of the court proceeding.

That means you must be on your best behavior and do nothing that is illegal or uncivil.

If you do, you'll probably get smacked with a contempt citation and locked up in jail, plus a large fine.
How about jp already hearing my evidence before my case against him.

I don't understand why that would be an issue....
because if he hears my evidence he has a better chance to defend himself - he gets 3 days to figure out how to get out of the trouble my evidence causes --a sneak preview into my evidence.
I don't get to hear his until we are there

because if he hears my evidence he has a better chance to defend himself - he gets 3 days to figure out how to get out of the trouble my evidence causes --a sneak preview into my evidence.

Nothing you can do about the court schedule, except adhere to it.

No contact orders are silly anyway, and often cause far more trouble than they solve.

If a nutball wants to stick a sword in your back, or put a 12 Gauge shotgun slug in your heart, a piece of paper won't prevent that crazed maniac from proceeding with his evil plan.

I've found it best to simply avoid quarrelsome people, and if they don't know where I am, I have much less to worry about.

But, hey, that's me.

To each her or his own delight.

You might look into the possibility of having the two matters combined since it apparently involves the same issues and same information. Contact the clerk's office.

I don't see a question in your original post. Also, what does "jp." mean?

How about jp already hearing my evidence before my case against him.

How about it? I have no idea what this question means.

because if he hears my evidence he has a better chance to defend himself

Are you saying that you and your son are both trying to get restraining orders against each other? In any event, don't you think any court proceeding would be inherently more fair if each side knows the other's evidence going in? Again, what's the problem?

Why not ask the court for an opportunity to take discovery? Or to consolidate the two cases? Why don't the two of you simply stipulate to a mutual no contact order?

Are you saying that you and your son are both trying to get restraining orders against each other? In any event, don't you think any court proceeding would be inherently more fair if each side knows the other's evidence going in? Again, what's the problem?

Why not ask the court for an opportunity to take discovery? Or to consolidate the two cases? Why don't the two of you simply stipulate to a mutual no contact order?
sorry just got back on here--jp stands for josh pearse--my son has a op against him and I have a op against him .jp also has a op against my son. but anyway the judge has ordered for all three cases to be heard at once. Thank you all for your responses.

Nothing you can do about the court schedule, except adhere to it.

No contact orders are silly anyway, and often cause far more trouble than they solve.

If a nutball wants to stick a sword in your back, or put a 12 Gauge shotgun slug in your heart, a piece of paper won't prevent that crazed maniac from proceeding with his evil plan.

I've found it best to simply avoid quarrelsome people, and if they don't know where I am, I have much less to worry about.

But, hey, that's me.

To each her or his own delight.
Wish I could just avoid him. Believe me we tried. He's a serial stalker--7 no contact orders against him--1 kidnapping--1 aggravated sexual assault--6 domestic battery ect. I don't even know him-- he is a competitor of my sons business and he decided to go after us because the people we work for won't give him any business. Its been a nightmare.

Thank you. you were absolutely right. the judge ordered for all the cases to be combined into one court day . thank you again.

Back