what to do?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

msvee068

I receive $684.00 monthly for Disability. I am also "unsure" on the posts here. If I return my 1999 Chrysler T & C van I still owe $3,048 on both liens on it. I have a $6,000 student loan that's due and a mortgage payment of $450.00 monthly and I owe my brother $400.00. Do I need to file bankruptcy? I do not want to lose my home because I have 6 years left before I'm finished paying for it.
What can I do about my financial situation? Do I return my van and let the finance company sell it for the value I owe on it ? Please help!!

You can not just decide to return your van. The finance company wants your money, not the van. The van is a burden to them. You agreed to pay them and they will go to great lengths to get that money.

Only you can decide if you need to file bankruptcy, but a visit with an attorney may help you make that decision.

If you can't afford the van then sell it and pa off the finance company.

Are you able to take out a loan against your home to pay off your other debts? You could then make manageable monthly payments on just the one loan.

Your disability income can't be touched or levied against.

Generally, your home can't be foreclosed against, but you should seek legal advice to be safe. Every case is unique.

If I were you, I'd consult an attorney about a bankruptcy.
It seems life has pushed you into a corner with only one or two ways out. Contact an attorney ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back