What to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

csl218

Recently I have been sent to collections. I have not received information that I would potentially be sent to collections and I have only been mailed 1 billed for under 100.00 out of lord knows how many others the doctor offices have said they mailed me for a larger sum. The only information i have seen about potentially owing money is my insurance company saying I "might" be billed this amount or that amount and from there, i have yet to see those other bills. I have the correct address on file I haven't moved and I have not seen a single bill especially the bills they told me was sent in december til now. I found out i was sent to collections from a very harassing phone call a week ago. I am looking at what I should do?

Do not talk to collection agencies. Most if not all are crooked. If you have call block capability on your phone, use it.

Handle your debts directly with the vendor you owe such as the doctor's office. Call them and ask what you owe.

If the debt is old the vendor (doctor's office) may have sold the debt to a collection agency. If this is the case, the collection agency can only sue you for collection and most likely won't. Though, they will use all cannons to scare you. Keep in mind that by speaking with them and/or making any payments to them can restart the statute of limitations clock.

If you haven't already done so, get a free copy of your credit report and review it for any outstanding debt.

As usual, Florida gave good advice. Follow it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back