What Should We Do????

Status
Not open for further replies.

weegiesmom

I am at a loss on what my husband should do here!! Any help would be appreciated!! My husband has 2 children from a previous marriage. A daughter who is 17 and a son who is 16. His daughter had nothing to do with us for almost 3 yrs.
Last June she moved out of her mothers house. (Her mom is an alcholoic) My step daughter moved in with a family not too far from us. She then asked to live with us. We agreed. We enrolled her in school where we lived. She did well in school and was really doing well. Didn't drink, run wild and all that. At the end of the school year she moved out aganist our wishes and moved in with her boyfriend and his parents. She enrolled in a different school and has only contacted her dad twice since June and that was only to come get some of her belongings.
She has since moved out of her boyfriends and back with her mother. She is living with her mom and 4 other people in a one bedroom trailer. She is missing school and gone completely wild. She is sneaking out of her mothers house and going to parties and drinking. Not going to work, or lying about going. She is shacking up with some new boyfriend and still NO contact with my husband. So far my hsbands ex wife has not petitioned the court for child support for her.
I think that she is hesitant because my stepdaaughter has become out of control.
My question is how do we handle this? Can we have her emancipated as our attorney says that whatever things she gets into my husband will be responsible for financially.
I don't know as I want to have her back here as we have a small child and I don't want him subjected to that kind of behavior.
We have tried to help her but she wants no help from anyone. Her mother just lets her run wild. It is crazy!!!
Any advice would be so much appreciated because we really don't know what our options are at this point.
This child runs wild and does whatever she wants. We are so sick of trying to help and nothing works. I want out of this mess!!!:mad:

Get an attorney immediately. You can petition to have custody over her if she is not yet 18.

But, if you really don't want her in her house, you can petition to get her out of her mother's house and get help for her if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back