1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

what should i do if i think somebody may slash my tires?

Discussion in 'Justice System, Criminal Lawyers' started by anya blau, Mar 29, 2016.

1. anya blau

anya blau Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    West Virginia
    I live with a woman, and her mother, who has a history of slashing tires. None of the victims have ever pressed charges, and she's never been convicted. She's very angry with me, and I do not wish to get a restraining order. However, I would like to prepare myself the best I can in case of an event. The house is in her mother's name, and I have her mother's permission to be there. We are all legal adults. The girl, however, has said over and over that she will do anything to get me out of our house, but I don't feel the evidence is significant enough for conviction. I do not wish to move. I would like to have conclusive evidence against this person, if she decides to go so far. What should I do?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  2. d1amund

d1amund Member

3. txls

txls Well-Known Member

I agree. There's really nothing you can do until she does something and you'll have to catch her doing it. My worry would be that she graduates from slashing tires to something even more violent.

4. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

5. anya blau

anya blau Law Topic Starter New Member

I am already looking for a new place. There is, however, the time in between. My problem isn't moving out; it's that I don't wish to leave until I purchase (and move into) a new home. I guess my question is, during this time period, if she damages my property while I'm living in her mother's house, what evidence is required for conviction? More importantly, will the evidence even matter?

6. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

If you are not willing to move & you see her slashing your tires or she does something more violent (hopefully not), call the police.

7. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Hide your car in a secure parking garage until you're able to vacate the home of THE SLASHER and her daughter THE STICKER.

I'd be more worried about one of those wild beasts scalping me, mate, or going all OJ on me!!

8. d1amund

d1amund Member

If you can't/won't move out now, at the very least setup a camera to catch her in action and put a lock on your bedroom door in case this escalates from tires to necks.

9. ElleMD

ElleMD Well-Known Member

We can not possibly advise what evidence might lead to the conviction of a crime that has not been committed.

If you don't feel safe where you are, move whether it is to your ideal future abode or not.