what should i do if i think somebody may slash my tires?

anya blau

Jurisdiction
West Virginia
I live with a woman, and her mother, who has a history of slashing tires. None of the victims have ever pressed charges, and she's never been convicted. She's very angry with me, and I do not wish to get a restraining order. However, I would like to prepare myself the best I can in case of an event. The house is in her mother's name, and I have her mother's permission to be there. We are all legal adults. The girl, however, has said over and over that she will do anything to get me out of our house, but I don't feel the evidence is significant enough for conviction. I do not wish to move. I would like to have conclusive evidence against this person, if she decides to go so far. What should I do?

Last edited:
I agree. There's really nothing you can do until she does something and you'll have to catch her doing it. My worry would be that she graduates from slashing tires to something even more violent.

I agree. There's really nothing you can do until she does something and you'll have to catch her doing it. My worry would be that she graduates from slashing tires to something even more violent.
I am already looking for a new place. There is, however, the time in between. My problem isn't moving out; it's that I don't wish to leave until I purchase (and move into) a new home. I guess my question is, during this time period, if she damages my property while I'm living in her mother's house, what evidence is required for conviction? More importantly, will the evidence even matter?

If you are not willing to move & you see her slashing your tires or she does something more violent (hopefully not), call the police.

What should I do?

Hide your car in a secure parking garage until you're able to vacate the home of THE SLASHER and her daughter THE STICKER.

I'd be more worried about one of those wild beasts scalping me, mate, or going all OJ on me!!

If you can't/won't move out now, at the very least setup a camera to catch her in action and put a lock on your bedroom door in case this escalates from tires to necks.

We can not possibly advise what evidence might lead to the conviction of a crime that has not been committed.

If you don't feel safe where you are, move whether it is to your ideal future abode or not.

Back