What options do I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crnnurse12

I am a nurse in SC....I work for the State. The job I work on, I am the only white nurse in my building. One of the supervisors has been giving me a really hard time and I feel she is discriminating against me .She has me working alone if we are short...she sends the extra nurse to another unit. She is suppose to help the nurse that is alone but she refuses to give me any help. She makes up lies and goes to her supervisor and tells her things I have not said to get me in trouble. I am at my wit's end...I go to work and try to do my best but the stress is getting to me. This same supervisor has been kicked out of another building for harrassing nurses and sent to my building. When I report the things she is doing, I am told...."We dont have anyone to take her place, what do you want us to do." I know of two other white nurses she harrassed so bad that they refused to come back to work under her. Now, she is trying to keep me from working over but allows others to do so to make extra money. I feel there is nothing I can do to solve this situation. Other people there see what she is doing to me, including two other supervisors but they dont know what to do to help me either. Can you please give me some advise? I hate to give up my state retirement because of her. I also love my job and my patients and dont want to have to change jobs. Thanks for listening.

Since you work for the State, there must be a well-defined grievance process and very likely an "equal opportunity compliance" office/officer. You need to file a discrimination complaint with the proper authorities at the facility you work at and/or with your human resources/EEOC compliance group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back