Consumer Law, Warranties What is the statute of limitations for a service bill not rendered by the company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kathyskove

In 2006, I hired a company to create a website and host it. I paid for the website up front. The hosting fees were to be billed monthly (49.95). From the beginning, there were problems with the website design and seo. Because I was dissatisfied, the company placed a hold on my monthly billing. Over the years, problems continued. I paid additional money for a site map to be included on the site. The company did not activate the monthly billing for the hosting. The company was recently re-organized. An audit showed that I was not billed for hosting. I received an email and phone call saying that I needed to pay what was due them. They would reduce the amount by 50% and if I made an arrangement that day, they would reduce it by an additional 20%.

Do they have the right to collect for back service which was not billed to me? How far back can they charge me for?

Thank you,
Kathy

In my opinion, and this is personal and can only be taken face value since I don't have any documentation to review or correspondence, I think they can request you pay a certain amount of back service. After all, you knew you weren't getting it for free but it was a matter of how much. Is it arguable that they waived the right to get paid? I don't know... if you received service then, as an arbitrator, I would find you responsible for something. If you only had to pay 30-40% of what you expected to pay, I'd say you did well on this payment "deferral" program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back