Credit Cards, Rating, Repair What is the responsibility of stolen credit card numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayrayray

I have a credit card with a bank that was somehow stolen. I still have the card but i think that somebody in a store might have saved the numbers and wrote down the code that you have on the card when i left a store. that is the only thing that makes sense. Somebody went Christmas shopping online with my card and shipped stuff out of the country. I discovered this when i saw my statement this month with a lot of charges that i didn't make. I called up the bank and told them what happened but the person said that i might have to show that the charges weren't mine because they are made in the same state i am in, which is new york. They were giving me a very hard time but i know that i didn't charge these items and i know my wife didn't either. i thought that fraud wasn't my fault but they said that there is a time limit to report the fraud and i don't think that waiting 3 weeks was too long because how was i supposed to know? They have an investigation going on. I am pretty sure it will be fine but i am not sure of my rights if they decide differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back