1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

What is the responsibility of stolen credit card numbers? Credit Cards, Rating, Repair

Discussion in 'Credit Cards, Credit Rating Repair' started by rayrayray, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayrayray

rayrayray Law Topic Starter New Member

I have a credit card with a bank that was somehow stolen. I still have the card but i think that somebody in a store might have saved the numbers and wrote down the code that you have on the card when i left a store. that is the only thing that makes sense. Somebody went Christmas shopping online with my card and shipped stuff out of the country. I discovered this when i saw my statement this month with a lot of charges that i didn't make. I called up the bank and told them what happened but the person said that i might have to show that the charges weren't mine because they are made in the same state i am in, which is new york. They were giving me a very hard time but i know that i didn't charge these items and i know my wife didn't either. i thought that fraud wasn't my fault but they said that there is a time limit to report the fraud and i don't think that waiting 3 weeks was too long because how was i supposed to know? They have an investigation going on. I am pretty sure it will be fine but i am not sure of my rights if they decide differently.

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

rayrayray likes this.
  3. rayrayray

rayrayray Law Topic Starter New Member

Oooh, that is a great link. Thank you! These areas contain so much fine print.