what is the passenger seat in texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're asking about the old Texas seat belt law allowing ADULT passengers in the back seat to choose whether to buckle up or not; its no longer Texas law.
No party in a passenger vehicle can be transported without wearing a seat belt or being in a child restraint seat or device.
Two exceptions still exist: the beds of pick up trucks and those bearing a note from an MD or OD stating a seat belt would interfere with their health or mobility.

If it is on the outside of the truck, you might get dirty a sittin thar.

From what I've observed, many enjoy that aspect of the ride, YAHOO... LOL

I forgot three more seat belt exceptions:

Riding on horseback (bareback or saddle)
Riding in a buggy or wagon
Riding on a motorcycle

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Passenger seat rules:

Ask before messing with:
Stereo
AC/heat
my phone/gps device.

Passenger seat rules in my car: if we give you a ride once in a blue moon, and you take it upon yourself to mess with the seat and seatback position, and I get in my seat and find myself practically lying down or with my knees up around my ears because you changed the position, you are in the deepest of doo-doo. Since my husband always drives, that is MY seat...why on earth would someone think because my husband gave them a ride that it is okay to mess with every knob, lever, or handle they can find on, around, or under my seat? (And yes, I'm more than a bit sensitive about it; I almost put a sign to that effect on the dash after about the sixth time it happened. I think if he gives anyone a ride any more he tells them up front that they risk my wrath if they touch anything. :))

ROFLMAO. I know I'm getting old now but my cousin once received a DUI on a horse. He obtained a lawyer and fought it on the grounds that the horse knew its way home anyway. He lost, but I thought you'd all enjoy the laugh.

ROFLMAO. I know I'm getting old now but my cousin once received a DUI on a horse. He obtained a lawyer and fought it on the grounds that the horse knew its way home anyway. He lost, but I thought you'd all enjoy the laugh.
LOL LOL LOL LOL
Now that's a good story. In what state was he convicted?
I represented a kid once that was arrested for DUI - wait for it - on a bicycle. LOL He was caught dead to rights, but we managed to finagle a little deal for the kid. He was a minor, you see. LOL I run into his mom and dad every now and then, and they say kid hasn't ever drunk alcohol since then. LOL

Passenger seat rules in my car: if we give you a ride once in a blue moon, and you take it upon yourself to mess with the seat and seatback position, and I get in my seat and find myself practically lying down or with my knees up around my ears because you changed the position, you are in the deepest of doo-doo. Since my husband always drives, that is MY seat...why on earth would someone think because my husband gave them a ride that it is okay to mess with every knob, lever, or handle they can find on, around, or under my seat? (And yes, I'm more than a bit sensitive about it; I almost put a sign to that effect on the dash after about the sixth time it happened. I think if he gives anyone a ride any more he tells them up front that they risk my wrath if they touch anything. :))

People, go figger. LOL Give 'em an inch, they take a mile.

Ohio ...........................................................................

LOL LOL LOL LOL
Now that's a good story. In what state was he convicted?
I represented a kid once that was arrested for DUI - wait for it - on a bicycle. LOL He was caught dead to rights, but we managed to finagle a little deal for the kid. He was a minor, you see. LOL I run into his mom and dad every now and then, and they say kid hasn't ever drunk alcohol since then. LOL

OP, if you have a specific situation you are inquiring about, you might want to furnish more/complete details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back