what is the legal age for a minor to move out of state ward

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantherghost

14 year old child has been placed in foster care in the state of nebraska, what is the legal age for the child to move to the state of texas, to her biological mother that had her parential rights removed.

14 year old child has been placed in foster care in the state of nebraska, what is the legal age for the child to move to the state of texas, to her biological mother that had her parential rights removed.

It differs from state to state, but you can look into emancipation.

How was the mother's rights "removed"?? IT would help to know more about the case and what happened in the first place.

The only state that will even consider emancipating a 14 year old is California, and in CA you'd better be either a successful child actor or a nationally known sports figure.

I didn't say "the age of 14", you would wait until 15 or 16, depending upon the state.

I don't think CA is the only state. It veries from state to state, but they look at the muturity of the person, financial situation and so forth.

I believe wyoming is 15, Montana 15 or 16. It depends alot on the person.

Here would be an example of age meaning nothing: My son was 10 years old when he testified. You "must" be 13 to testify in Montana. Again, age has nothing to do with it to a certain point.

Look up cases in that state under this subject and find out. It's at least worth looking into in my honest opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back