What is Probation for if not followed ???

Douglas Nutt Sr

Jurisdiction
Wisconsin
I was just wondering if a person on probation and having a "No Contact" order of the victim,,, is it not a violation of probation if this guy sends absolute death threats to his victim,,, in this case, his wife !!! In a message sent to her phone he clearly states,,, if I see you "I WILL KILL YOU" the man has already beat her,,, broke her nose and is a repeat offender,,,, but he makes up stories and somehow the cops believe him all the time,,, and in his message he even boosts about being able to make up stories to the cops and probation officer,,, He has repeatedly threatened to KILL her and her 4 dogs (Rotts) that protect her,,, she has complained of the threats, the harassment and everything else to the cops and the probation officer,,, but nothing gets done,,, and he laughs about it,,,, its not funny to me as a father of this girl..... Do I once again get to witness the legal system ignore a victim, by saying it's just a lovers spat,,, and then watch another murder happen like I did before I became a father,,, I watched a man KILL my cousin and then turn the gun on himself and shot himself in the head,,, but to watch this happen when my cousin tried everything to have this man stopped,,, Does it actually take a murder to get any results !!!!

I was just wondering if a person on probation and having a "No Contact" order of the victim,,, is it not a violation of probation if this guy sends absolute death threats to his victim,,, in this case, his wife !!! In a message sent to her phone he clearly states,,, if I see you "I WILL KILL YOU" the man has already beat her,,, broke her nose and is a repeat offender,,,, but he makes up stories and somehow the cops believe him all the time,,, and in his message he even boosts about being able to make up stories to the cops and probation officer,,, He has repeatedly threatened to KILL her and her 4 dogs (Rotts) that protect her,,, she has complained of the threats, the harassment and everything else to the cops and the probation officer,,, but nothing gets done,,, and he laughs about it,,,, its not funny to me as a father of this girl..... Do I once again get to witness the legal system ignore a victim, by saying it's just a lovers spat,,, and then watch another murder happen like I did before I became a father,,, I watched a man KILL my cousin and then turn the gun on himself and shot himself in the head,,, but to watch this happen when my cousin tried everything to have this man stopped,,, Does it actually take a murder to get any results !!!!
Tell your daughter to bring the messages to the Prosecutors office.

Did she actually go to the police station and file a criminal complaint?

If police refuse to t as ke a complaint or otherwise do not meet your expectations you may make a formal complaint at the department, preferably in writing.

I agree that contacting the prosecutor/DA may also help.

Since you are a third party to this, do you know for certain your daughter is cooperative with police?

If there is a protective order in place that has been properly registered with the local law enforcement department (a requirement in some places and a helpful step in all places), then she should go in-person to the local law enforcement office and request to speak to a supervisor.

Here's something NEW,,, His probation has been forwarded to a different State,,, I didnt know they could do this without informing the victim
There's no obligation to tell the victim anything about the probation, transferred or not.

The transfer isn't a sudden thing either. It can take a couple of months for the negotiation between the two corrections departments to occur.

In addition to my other suggestions there's also the victim's advocate (Office of Crime Victim Services).

Back