Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse What if the cops give you back the evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoptography

Hello all,

I'm really hoping you can give me some helpful advice on my criminal case please :)

Me and my boyfriend were arrested last month because a family members medication had been left in my car. I had been helping this family member move earlier this day, and when he had been cleaning up he found some loose medication in a drawer in his room. It was xanax and klonopin which he was prescribed. He couldn't find either of the bottles so he put the loose medication in a lorazapam bottle which he was also prescribed. When he was in my car the bottle feel out of his bag and onto my passenger floor of my car which I did not notice until later that night. I had planned to return it to him in the morning.

Later that night I was pulled over. My boyfriend asked me what he wasnted me to do with the medcine that we had discovered earlier. I told him to "put them away". The officer said he was pulling me over for careless driving because according to him I was driving too slow but I was swerving. He said I was nervous and shaking and there had to be a reason for that. I told him I had an anxity disorder and I was nervous because I had a broken mirror and couldn't afford to get a ticket for it because I am unemployed.

While I was outside talking to the officer my boyfriend apparently thought the meds were illegal and didnt want me to get in trouble so he took them out of the lorazapam bottle, put them in a celopane bag, and hid them in a bottle full of shampoo I had just purcahsed.

Meanwhile, the officer asked to search my car, and I said ok. He also added that he knew the girl I had been with earlier (we are both recovering addicts and were in recovery together), and he wanted to know where the "Roxies" were, and that he had arrested her two months prior. I told him that we were all clean and going to NA. I told him I had just gotten out of rehab a few days earlier, and he said that he thought I should go back.

When he asked might be in the car, I told him about the lorazapam bottle with my fathers medicine in it.
He then searched the vehicle. When he was done he said he wanted to ask my questions about was in the car. He found an open beer that my boyfriend had opened up a few minutes before we got pulled over.Then he said that he found the lorazapam bottle but there were no pills in it. I told him I did not know where the pills were and he called me a liar. I then said, you left my passenger alone in the car, maybe he knows where they are at. I told my boyfriend to tell him if he did something with them and that they were my fathers medicine so he didn't need to hide them. He told the officer they were in that shampoo bottle.

The cop then arrested him, and arrested me for possession of xanax, possession of klonopin, and destruction of evidence (one of the pills had apparently "disolved" in the shampoo). The officer laughed at us and told us "HA now we have you on these charges" and "You two are the biggest liars I have EVER seen". He put us in the same cop car, and he SEIZED (ACTUALLY SEIZED) my vehicle!! When we were in the cop car I told him that I was honest from the beginning and that he said (even after I told him about my fathers medicine) that all he was going to give me was a warning foir careless driving, and I wanted to know why he lied to me. I also asked why he never read us our miranda rights. He said he didn't have to read us our miranda rights until we were in custody at the jail, which he had to print out and read them because he didn't know them.

My father called the jail and talked to the officer, said that he wanted to bring in proof that they were his prescritions and the officer called him a liar and refused to listen to him.

2 days ago my family paid 700 dollars in a settlement for me to get my vehicle back. When I got my vehicle back, inside it was the lorazapam bottle, the shampoo bottle, the needle, and the open container. So they gave me back all the evidence except the actual pills.

Now my questions are:

Because they no longer have this evidence, can the whole thing be dropped??? What are your thoughts on this case???? What should I do?

PLEASE, HELP ME :(

shoptography said:
Hello all,

I'm really hoping you can give me some helpful advice on my criminal case please :)

Me and my boyfriend were arrested last month because a family members medication had been left in my car. I had been helping this family member move earlier this day, and when he had been cleaning up he found some loose medication in a drawer in his room. It was xanax and klonopin which he was prescribed. He couldn't find either of the bottles so he put the loose medication in a lorazapam bottle which he was also prescribed. When he was in my car the bottle feel out of his bag and onto my passenger floor of my car which I did not notice until later that night. I had planned to return it to him in the morning.

Later that night I was pulled over. My boyfriend asked me what he wasnted me to do with the medcine that we had discovered earlier. I told him to "put them away". The officer said he was pulling me over for careless driving because according to him I was driving too slow but I was swerving. He said I was nervous and shaking and there had to be a reason for that. I told him I had an anxity disorder and I was nervous because I had a broken mirror and couldn't afford to get a ticket for it because I am unemployed.

That story won't be believed.
The truth is never that complicated.
You have the right to remain silent.
If that's your story (true or false), you'd better remain silent.

The state must prove what they've alleged you've done.

You need not say anything, but not guilty. Actually, you can stand mute, and the court will enter a not guilty plea for you.

Ask the court to appoint counsel to represent you, if you can't afford to hire your own. Plead not guilty, and just stop digging.

Do either of you have prior drug abuse or possession convictions?

Do not answer, just think about it.

Okay, one last thing.
A fish gets caught because it opens its mouth.

Criminal defendants get arrested because they try to explain unusual situations.
They follow that by getting convicted because their tortured and twisted explanations fail to persuade a jury of their innocence.

Jurors get it, if the story is realistic and uncomplicated.

That's why a good defense lawyer will tell you to say nothing.
Furthermore, it's your constitutional right to remain silent.

Lies are complicated.
The truth is always simple.

Last edited:
Sorry, that wasn't the full post

While I was outside talking to the officer my boyfriend apparently thought the meds were illegal and didnt want me to get in trouble so he took them out of the lorazapam bottle, put them in a celopane bag, and hid them in a bottle full of shampoo I had just purcahsed.

Meanwhile, the officer asked to search my car, and I said ok. He also added that he knew the girl I had been with earlier (we are both recovering addicts and were in recovery together), and he wanted to know where the "Roxies" were, and that he had arrested her two months prior. I told him that we were all clean and going to NA. I told him I had just gotten out of rehab a few days earlier, and he said that he thought I should go back.

When he asked might be in the car, I told him about the lorazapam bottle with my fathers medicine in it.
He then searched the vehicle. When he was done he said he wanted to ask my questions about was in the car. He found an open beer that my boyfriend had opened up a few minutes before we got pulled over.Then he said that he found the lorazapam bottle but there were no pills in it. I told him I did not know where the pills were and he called me a liar. I then said, you left my passenger alone in the car, maybe he knows where they are at. I told my boyfriend to tell him if he did something with them and that they were my fathers medicine so he didn't need to hide them. He told the officer they were in that shampoo bottle.

The cop then arrested him, and arrested me for possession of xanax, possession of klonopin, and destruction of evidence (one of the pills had apparently "disolved" in the shampoo). The officer laughed at us and told us "HA now we have you on these charges" and "You two are the biggest liars I have EVER seen". He put us in the same cop car, and he SEIZED (ACTUALLY SEIZED) my vehicle!! When we were in the cop car I told him that I was honest from the beginning and that he said (even after I told him about my fathers medicine) that all he was going to give me was a warning foir careless driving, and I wanted to know why he lied to me. I also asked why he never read us our miranda rights. He said he didn't have to read us our miranda rights until we were in custody at the jail, which he had to print out and read them because he didn't know them.

My father called the jail and talked to the officer, said that he wanted to bring in proof that they were his prescritions and the officer called him a liar and refused to listen to him.

2 days ago my family paid 700 dollars in a settlement for me to get my vehicle back. When I got my vehicle back, inside it was the lorazapam bottle, the shampoo bottle, the needle, and the open container. So they gave me back all the evidence except the actual pills.

That story won't be believed.
The truth is never that complicated.
You have the right to rain silent.
If that's your story (true or false), you'd better remain silent.

The state must prove what they've alleged you've done.

You need not say anything, but not guilty. Actually, you can stand mute, and the court will enter a not guilty plea for you.

Ask the court to appoint counsel to represent you, if you can't afford to hire your own. Plead not guilty, and just stop digging.

Do either of you have prior drug abuse or possession convictions?

Do not answer, just think about it.

Okay, one last thing.
A fish gets caught because it opens its mouth.

Criminal defendants get arrested because they try to explain unusual situations.
They follow that by getting convicted because their tortured and twisted explanations fail to persuade a jury of their innocence.

Jurors get it, if the story is realistic and uncomplicated.

That's why a good defense lawyer will tell you to say nothing.
Furthermore, it's your constitutional right to remain silent.

Lies are complicated.
The truth is always simple.

I know exactly what you are saying.... but I have bipolar, ocd, and axity. And I ALWAYS go into WAY too much detail about everything, its part of my mental problem. I can barely even pick out food in a Mcdonalds line cuz I get so weird about it, and it annoys EVERYONE.

I know exactly what you are saying.... but I have bipolar, ocd, and axity. And I ALWAYS go into WAY too much detail about everything, its part of my mental problem. I can barely even pick out food in a Mcdonalds line cuz I get so weird about it, and it annoys EVERYONE.

WOW.

I get it, I really, really do. :yes:

Remember the part where you ALMOST "ratted out" your boyfriend, not cool, just not cool!

Smile, say yes, sir, no, ma'am; but just stop talking.

Do you want to go through the rest of your life dealing with cops? :no:

Okay, remember this, if NOTHING else.

You have the constitutional right to remain silent.

You only have to be polite, remain calm, and give the police your name, date of birth, and address (plus, if you're driving a drivers license, registration, and insurance card).

You don't have to explain who, what, or why. :yes:

You just have to say, "I want to talk to a lawyer. I'm sorry, I have nothing more to say other than my name is Bobby Buttkiss, I live at 123 Suckup Street in Anytown, Idaho and my date of birth is January 1st, 1901." :blush

WOW.

I get it, I really, really do. :yes:

Remember the part where you ALMOST "ratted out" your boyfriend, not cool, just not cool!

Smile, say yes, sir, no, ma'am; but just stop talking.

Do you want to go through the rest of your life dealing with cops? :no:

Okay, remember this, if NOTHING else.

You have the constitutional right to remain silent.

You only have to be polite, remain calm, and give the police your name, date of birth, and address (plus, if you're driving a drivers license, registration, and insurance card).

You don't have to explain who, what, or why. :yes:

You just have to say, "I want to talk to a lawyer. I'm sorry, I have nothing more to say other than my name is Bobby Buttkiss, I live at 123 Suckup Street in Anytown, Idaho and my date of birth is January 1st, 1901." :blush

Ok I understand.

Now please go back and read the whole thread.

What are your thoughts on the case please, SERIOUSLY, and the fact the evidence was returned to me???

Your a very intelligent man, and I would like your imput.

Ok I understand.

Now please go back and read the whole thread.

What are your thoughts on the case please, SERIOUSLY, and the fact the evidence was returned to me???

Your a very intelligent man, and I would like your imput.

You weren't given back the evidence.

Nothing is evidence until and unless it is admitted at trial.

You received items.

However, the items you received aren't relevant to the case.

There isn't anything illegal about a shampoo bottle, an empty prescription bottle, or anything else that might have been left in your car.

You didn't get the pills back, nor did you receive the open beer bottle.

But, even if they had mistakenly left the pills in your car, all the better for you.

I don't see a big problem for you in all of this.

As long as dad acknowledges the pills were his, I don't see what the big deal is.

I think the cop was toying with you.

He was fishing.

Cops go fishing all the time.

See what your lawyer says.

But, as long as you stop talking (trying to prove your innocence), you'll be okay.

Make the state do all the work.

Make them PROVE your GUILT.

This case won't be easy for them.

You weren't given back the evidence.

Nothing is evidence until and unless it is admitted at trial.

You received items.

However, the items you received aren't relevant to the case.

There isn't anything illegal about a shampoo bottle, an empty prescription bottle, or anything else that might have been left in your car.

You didn't get the pills back, nor did you receive the open beer bottle.

But, even if they had mistakenly left the pills in your car, all the better for you.

I don't see a big problem for you in all of this.

As long as dad acknowledges the pills were his, I don't see what the big deal is.

I think the cop was toying with you.

He was fishing.

Cops go fishing all the time.

See what your lawyer says.

But, as long as you stop talking (trying to prove your innocence), you'll be okay.

Make the state do all the work.

Make them PROVE your GUILT.

This case won't be easy for them.

Oh I fogot, I did get the open beer bottle. But they can't prove destruction of evidence in the shampoo bottle, if they don't have the shampoo bottle right?

They are offering my boyfriend, who is still in jail, 3 years prison. Are they toying with him too????

Oh I fogot, I did get the open beer bottle. But they can't prove destruction of evidence in the shampoo bottle, if they don't have the shampoo bottle right?

They are offering my boyfriend, who is still in jail, 3 years prison. Are they toying with him too????

I wouldn't worry about the destruction charge.
That is just piling on the charges.

Your boyfriend must have been on probation, right?
That is a horse of another color.
He is probably being revoked.
If you're on probation, you can't be involved in situations such as this.
I suspect he wasn't supposed to be out beyond 8:00 - 9:00PM, and he wasn't supposed to have booze.

This case just happened, no way his "deal" has anything to do with this "situation".

I wouldn't worry about the destruction charge.
That is just piling on the charges.

Your boyfriend must have been on probation, right?
That is a horse of another color.
He is probably being revoked.
If you're on probation, you can't be involved in situations such as this.
I suspect he wasn't supposed to be out beyond 8:00 - 9:00PM, and he wasn't supposed to have booze.

This case just happened, no way his "deal" has anything to do with this "situation".

Nope, no probation.

Was he on parole?
Was he recently released from prison or jail?
Does he have previous felony convictions?

Was he on parole?
Was he recently released from prison or jail?
Does he have previous felony convictions?

He had a few GTAs when he was 17, he was chaged as an adult in 2002. 2004 his gf was having a baby (he made it 22 months out of 24), so he VOP'd and spent a year in prison. But seriously hes been out of trouble since then.

Theres a 5 year gap. Hes in collage and doing GREAT right now other then this BS.

Until 2009 where hes been arrested for child support purge, Driving with a suspended unknowingly, and now this.

Both of you guys should plead not guilty. If you can afford lawyers, hire them. If you can't afford lawyers, ask the court to appoint one for each of you.

Then just stop talking and for God's sake and yours, don't make or take any deals. Wait. Patiently wait and stay out of any additional trouble.

You're trying to hurry things. Just slow down. This isn't going away any time soon, but it will if you take your time and engage with your lawyers!!! You need your own lawyer who can review all the documentation and reports. Subsequent to the review, the lawyer will speak with you and discuss your options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back