What form do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bapedyqyfy

I hired a lawyer to file an appeal on behalf of my son who is in prison. He asked for the copies of the medical reports, court transcripts and other paperwork I had already gotten before hiring him. I told him at the time I wanted the paperwork back and he promised he would return it. I've asked repeatedly in person, by phone, by mail, certified and regular for him to return the forms, he always says he will and never does, this has been going on for over 3 years. I've already filed a complaint with the bar on this issue as well as the lawyers failure to act on the appeal he was paid for, the bar issued a "private reprimand" and I still have not received the documents. I need a legal form that I can complete myself that will make it legally necessary for him to return my documents as well as a copy of the appeal he finally filed 5 days before the time limit expired. I live in the state of Mississippi. Any help would be appreciated.

It is likely going to be easier and cheaper for you to just obtain new copies from the sources.
You will likely need to hire another attorney for assistance if you want to force the other attorney to hand over anything at all.
You had some success with your complain to the bar... you could continue that path too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back