What do you do with "headers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilili

If a stalker/hacker is smart enough to break into multiple accounts, re-route emails and impersonate people, will the headers be accurate? Wouldn't they be somehow altered? Also, what if the stalker is always using a computer at a cafe, or say a library?
How do I check headers and let them help me find out who is stalking me?
Do I need to hire a private investigator in order to decode / trace the mails?
I've been harassed by the same stalker for almost a year (see art_inexperiment scam--severe) and police, ICS and email security haven't helped. How can I get noticed?

Please, any advice would be comforting. Thanks :confused:

If a stalker/hacker is smart enough to break into multiple accounts, re-route emails and impersonate people, will the headers be accurate? Wouldn't they be somehow altered? Also, what if the stalker is always using a computer at a cafe, or say a library?
How do I check headers and let them help me find out who is stalking me?
Do I need to hire a private investigator in order to decode / trace the mails?
I've been harassed by the same stalker for almost a year (see art_inexperiment scam--severe) and police, ICS and email security haven't helped. How can I get noticed?
This is a serious problem. Headers can be used to find the origin of a person sending you an email. Did the person send the emails from a free email account? If so, then headers will be of limited use as you already have the account name of the person who sent the email. The challenge will be whether you'll get any cooperation from the mail provider, e.g. Microsoft's Hotmail. They will need to provide you with the IP address that accessed the user's account in question - if they have it. You'll have to take that IP address and find out what Internet Service Provider (ISP) provided service. Then you'll need the ISP to do an investigation to see which of its customers may have used that IP address on the exact days and times in question when it accessed the Hotmail account. You can see how confusing this gets. I answered your question and gave a suggestion in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back