What do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raklum

I went to an optomitrist to get new frames for my glasses and possibly get contacts. I got my eye exam (have kaiser insurance) so that covered it and then went to pick out new frames while trying out contacts. the type of contatcs i wanted cost me $109 which i paid ahead of time along with the $80 for my new frames. The doctors assistant gave me a pair of test contacts to try out and see how they felt, and rite away they irritated my eye (i am blind in my right eye so am only being fitted for my left) and she told me they always feel like that at first and told me to where them awhile and come back tommorrow for a walk in. when i came back the next day and told the doctor that the contacts where constantly blurred and irritated my eye, he told me he wasnt done seeing me yet and that the office assistant lady should not have sent me home. He then told me he didnt have time to check me out atm do to too many customers. At that time i told them i was moving to arizona in a couple of weeks, selling my cars and that i didnt have much time to b contantly coming back to work things out. so i asked for my refund of $109 back and they refused saying they couldnt do that... because they already had order'd my contacts, (even though i had not gotten fitted for the correct contacts). i asked how could they have order'd my contatcs when i havnt gotten fitted for the correct ones yet? he would not answer my ?. i told him i could not wear those types because they arn't the correct perscription and irritated my eye and that i didnt want to risk anything happening to my eye and i was persistant on trying to convince him to give me my money back. He then told me he would send me a check and would be in the mail in one week but i told him i would not be in the state because i am moving. he then said he would send me a check in the mail and thats all he will say. I then asked him to at least write out and sign a paper saying that he would give me my refund of a full %109 and he refused and said that i would have to trust his word and threatend to call the cops on me if i didnt leave, even though i was being very patient and quite not causing a scene at all.

so in other words i feel im going to move out of state next week, not get a check and not be able to do anything about by being so far away. and i dont wanna get ripped off and could use any money i can get for the move. thank you for your time :)

Wait to see if he sends you the check within the allotted time. If no check, then you can always sue him in small claims court to recover your money. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back