What do I do with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skjmcar

This is an employment/labor law issue. Myself and a co-worker were terminated from employment. There was a company wide (7 employees) urinalysis, of which four of us tested positive for THC. One employee has yet to be tested, and in my opnion won't be. We were all told this test was to be used for liability insurance purposes. We were the only two employees that were terminated, with everyone else still having a job. Our former employer is now objecting our request for UIA benefits, this after I personally have 7 years with said company. The current purchased the company three and a half years ago, and upon her purchase of the company had full disclosure of what I did with my personal time with no objections from her. Also, there was surveillance cameras installed on the premisis with no notification to any of us employees. I don't know what ground I have to stand on. I am married with three children, and a mortgage payment. My wife still works with said employer, but I was the primary bread winner at 35,000.00 a year. My income is now 0.00 in an incredibly unstable economy, and with no negative performance issues regarding work quality. In fact, I was the primary installer for this granite company, and excelled in customer/contractor relations with many references to support this. What can I do, where can I go with this?????

Go where with what? You tested positive and were terminated for it. The employer has every right to contest your unemployment benefits because of this. I have no idea what you think the surveillance cameras and having 7 years with the company entitles you to. surveillance cameras being installed is not illegal, unless they were installed in the bathrooms (which I am sure they weren't). Nothing you have posted suggests that the employer did anything illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back