What do I Do about this doctor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovemywife

My wife and I have been happly married for twenty five years. We went to a new doctor for stress. The doctor only saw both of us once then turned us over to a nurse practioner, we have never seen the doctor since. they gave my wife Cymbalta, she started comming home from work an going right to bed then getting up and verbally letting me have it for some minor thing that did not ammount to anything. My wife commented the nure practioner had a habbit of over dosing people. I think we both got too much medication, and one night my wife flew into a rage and attacked me, injuring my sholder when she dug her thumbs into me. I went to my genral practioner and got the attack medicalally reported he also took xrays too. he could not believe what was going on, he treat both of us, an knows us to be a vry loving couple. I had been complaioning to the nrse practioner for sometime about my wife's growing anger problems, but I was ingorned. In twenty five years my wife has been loving and very egntle to me. Last Saturday my wife moved out to an apartment, saying she loved me but could not live with me anymore. All of the problems started with the cymbalta being given to her. I asked her lets both go to another doctor she refused. Her personality is so different and she is not who I married. The nurse practioner told me when I complained about the situation the she was not a marriage counselor. I am so in the dark no onw will tell me anything saying hepa act. My god, I am her husband they have messed her up so bad can anyone help me. I am generally afraid for her safety. cymbalta is additive too. I have counted five of the side affects have reported it and been ingored. Can someone tell me what to do. I whish we had never seen this doctor.

It's going to be very difficult to prove that the Cymbalta caused your wife's alleged personality change, specially if she is unwilling to share information with you.

Two questions did spring to mind, though:

What evidence is there that the Nurse Practitioner was overdosing people? And, what exactly do you mean by this?

Unfortunately HIPAA does indeed prevent your wife's medical records from being released to anyone without her consent; at this point, all I can really suggest is that you try to pursuade your wife to attend counselling with you.

There are, in most (if not all) states, ways you can have someone hospitalized involuntarily for a psych assessment and/or treatment, but these are incredibly difficult to pursue successfully, and may cause more harm than good to both of you.

Sadly, there's not much you can do legally.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back