what do i do about my insane landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisiskat

i along with my boyfriend & daughter have been renting an apartment in a private house since 6/06. we have no lease.
since day one my landlord has made unreasonable demands that i feel interfer in our right to enjoy our home. we are not allowed to hang pictures/shelves etc on the walls.
we are not allowed to have company (the 3 times i have had friends over he has complained). he called me one day at 4:30am because he heard water running (boyfriend was in the shower). this morning he called me at 5am & being half asleep i responded with "its 5'oclock in the f**king morning!" which set him off. he cursed at me (& yes i cursed at him right back) threatened me "step back or watch out". i want to move but am not ready to do so at the moment..it cant possibly be legal for him to continuously harrass us this way. this man is very unstbale & i dont trust him to not retaliate in a violent manner.what legal recourses do i have?

Q: what legal recourses do i have?

A: Move. The law can't change that idiot's behavior.

Move. Why don't you have a written lease? Since you have no lease you should give him 30days notice and leave.

Does this landlord live with you? How would he know about water running?

If there is no lease, and he lives on the property he can probably harass you, so honestly I would leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back