What do I do? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

horsewhisperer

I've been at my job for over 8 years (in Montana). Since I started, my coworker has been very vindictive toward me.
Multiple times I've gone to my boss and told him of the things shes done, such as calling me nasty names, flipping me off, and badmouthing me. She's even telling people I'm on drugs.
Now I found out that she's going to be promoted to my supervisor, in charge of writing me up, performance appraisals and the like.
I confronted my boss about this change and he tells me what he always has, "We don't have to like who we work with."
I think that she's going to be a total control freak and make me change my schedule, which will cause issues because of my physical therapy and daycare. I dont' want conflict and have made that very clear, but this woman has something against me and wants me gone.
What on earth do I do??

Last edited by a moderator:
Find other employment.

Your boss is right; there is nothing saying we have to like the people we work with. She can legally change your schedule and if she wants you gone badly enough, she can make it happen. Better that it happen on your terms. Nothing that you have posted suggests that any laws are being violated.

What do I do?

I don't work in the private sector, but am afraid to stir the pot over my boss' head, since he would probably take it personally and fire me anyhow.
I feel that the majority of the issues this coworker has with me is over my having left on maternity leave two years ago. This coworker has no children, as is the situation with almost all of my other coworkers in the office.
This woman is so nasty and hateful that I totally dread going to work, and can't wait to get the heck out of there at quitting time. I love what I do, and carry the benefits for the family so, it makes it difficult to just walk away, especially after 8 years.
How many people have to go to work and get flipped off or called a sl*& on an almost daily basis? (By the way, I am rather conservative and don't wear revealing clothing or anything of the sort!)

I think you'll have a very hard time making a case that you are being mistreated now because of a leave two years ago.

I am not unsympathetic; I've been in a similar situation. But the law simply does not prohibit co-workers, supervisors, or anyone else being nasty. It is not illegal to be a jerk.

I don't work in the private sector, but am afraid to stir the pot over my boss' head, since he would probably take it personally and fire me anyhow.
I feel that the majority of the issues this coworker has with me is over my having left on maternity leave two years ago. This coworker has no children, as is the situation with almost all of my other coworkers in the office.
This woman is so nasty and hateful that I totally dread going to work, and can't wait to get the heck out of there at quitting time. I love what I do, and carry the benefits for the family so, it makes it difficult to just walk away, especially after 8 years.
How many people have to go to work and get flipped off or called a sl*& on an almost daily basis? (By the way, I am rather conservative and don't wear revealing clothing or anything of the sort!)

Hellow fellow Montanian lol. I'm at war over in North Dakota, but have some sound advice for you.

DOCUMENT everything. Don't quit.

Lawyers in Montana will tell you that you are an "at-will" employee. This would mean, by a Tennessee case called Payne V. Western & Atlantic R.R, 81 Tenn. 507(`1884), that you can be fired for "good cause, for no cause, or even for causes morally wrong." That sounds bad, but we are in Montana :angel

The Payne case can easily be overridden by any state legislature if it chooses to do so as the state of Montana has along with Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.

Managers and supervisors a or your immediate superior may be the key person in your termination and sets the stage for the final act. Part of their psychological war is to confuse and destablize your thinking. Examples that you use is that may be rude and say nasty things to you, criticize your work or other behavior to you personally one day then they alternate and become very nice and pleasant with you in their next encounter with you. This alternating attitude is designed to confuse your thinking causing you to deviate and cast doubt on your suspicions. Bon't be cajoled means don't let them start to befriend you because it's just a ruse for the reason just stated. They are out to destroy you.. This has been witnessed, reported and experienced over and over again.

If you can prove she said anything defamatory to any co worker you have a defamation suit providing you can get the person to testify for you. When the time comes for an all out legal assault you'll want to bring in every cause of action seperately bearing down on them so hard financially with legal cost. Record!

IF you quit, you get nothing. If they fire you, you can sue the manager, the company, hell, sue them all in seperate actions. Hang in there!

If you can get a couple of witness's to sign simple hand written statements, with date, time, and names, keep these! That would be great.

Check your pm, I sent my email and will help you if you need it. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back