What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Britneya1117

I live in promenade on valley creek in Irving tx. I had a late fee in the amount of 58 on my account in which they added 200 for not paying it once I recieved a late payment notice I talked to her abd she told me that it turns into rent which is why they can ass that much. Mind you I paid my rent. But left the small balance. Also I had a dog which was staying with me while my great grandmother was in hospice care an emotional support animal she passed away unfortunately I had not the means to watch the dog Text me and let me know so I don't wake up worrying I was working and felt bad that she had to be in her cage all day so I let her out on the patio. After I received a notice I then reluctantly had to take the dog to the pound. She said because they dog messed up the wood on the patio( which I took pics of before I moved in the only difference was there was not chipping paint which is on all the patios and the stairs and wood of all the apartment homes) I would still have to pay the pet deposit. I was appalled! I told her that the wood was like that before I moved in she said it did not matter. I asked for her manager and the corporate number for the complex and was told they don't have that information. What can I do in this situation?

I'm sorry, Britney, but you had an animal on the premises that apparently caused some damage.

Did you happen to have a walkthrough before you moved in?

It seems they require a pet deposit & you did have a dog in your apartment which it seems might also have done some damage. I don't believe there is much you can do if they insist on the pet deposit. Sorry.

You can pay their tribute, or risk them bringing an eviction action against you. In fact, by pushing the manager, or agent; it may already be too late. In the future, try to avoid threats. Just do it, without saying it. By asking for the information, you tipped your hand and now the bear is angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back