What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkmullaney

I adopted 4 children with my EX wife. She now collects all the adoption assistance since she is the custodial parent which totals $3600 a month for all 4 children, and I have to pay $1948 a month in child support. Well as far as adoption assistance goes I understand it is for the children and their special needs. They require constant counceling. She is not providing this and my current wife has recently turned her in for neglect. You have to understand 2 of my children are from Meth addicts, one is fetal alcohol and last child was born with cocaine. My sun with fetal alcohol is the most severe as he sexually abuses his sibling and she is not doing anything about it and does not have them in counseling. My 2 meth children have anger issues and my 6 year old son has even killed 3 animals. What else can I do as child protective services left the children with her even though the school has record of older sons sexual tendencies even at school and even him bringing knives to school. Can she get in trouble for spending the money on other things beside the children, as in paying my 20 year olds rent every month and tuition. And paying her parents $1200.oo for a loan and car they gave to her while we were married but told the court it was a gift. She is always buying new cell phones but cable gets shut off so the children have no tv except for movies. She has also bought all of them Nintendo DS's to keep them busy and off of her. I can go on and on because I think it is wrong and it is not mostly her I am concerned with it is my children and her neglecting their needs which is very crucial as to how they are going to grow up if this neglected too long. I am desperate here. I work all week long and cannot take off of work as my take home pay does not even pay my rent. She is an at home mother, I can take her back to court but then my child support goes up as I remarried and have 2 more children so they would take more from me as I will have less taken out from more dependants. I would take care of their needs if I had the power but courts are making it impossible for me. I want better for them and would prefer that all my children live with me. Any advice would be helpful here.

Last edited:
You need to see an attorney and file for custody. If you can prove it is in the kids best interest you have a shot. What state are you in? You might want to google your states child support guidelines. If you honestly believe your children are in danger then you need to get them out of the situation. Legal aid might be able to help or start calling around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back