What Can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdnckwmn2000

good evening,

I just left a company were I was for almost 3 years. I had given a 2 weeks notice, when they received the notice they had asked me to reconsider my option. the following Friday I had told them that I would stay with the company for a while longer. Less than 2 hours later I was calling into their HR department and was told that a sales rep had told their VP that I was looking into and conspiring with a Competitor. Which is untrue 100% I asked if they had any proof or if they were going on hear say I was told that I would be suspended until Monday so they could complete the investigation so I terminated my employment that day basically. I asked that I get information in regards to the findings of the investigation and was told it would be completed by 5 pm that Monday. I still 3 weeks later have not heard anything so in writing I asked for a copy of the investigation and they are still refusing saying it is confidential. Can I sue for slander/ or loss of wages.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you Marie Simpson

How can you sue for loss wages when you quit!? Answer you cant. It is lawful to terminate an employee for "suspected" wrongdoing. Any chance you mighht have had for any action went out the window when you wuit. In essence you caused your own damages. I am not saying what happened was fair or right just that it was legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back