What can i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanpie71

Long story short.....i was the poa for my grandmother up until 2 days ago.she currently resides in a nursing home and has been titled incompetent w/level 3 alzeimers and dimensia.(probably spelled wrong)....my father and uncle went to her 2 days ago and had her sign a new poa!how is this possible?i thought you had to be fully competent?they claim they did it because they felt like i was spending all of her money.....this is not the case,not even close.they want to sell the house(that goes to me in the will),and keep the old car lot(that goes to them in the will),to pay for her expenses.what should i do?i currently live in the house in question.they want to throw me out on the streets!any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
thankyou,
scott

Scott, you need a lawyer.

Yesterday.

thanks for the reply.....i have a lawyer,just waiting on 2 letters,one from her doctor and the other from her social worker.as soon as i get these,i'll take them to the lawyer!but what if i wake up and there is a for sale sign in the front yard?

in addition to talking with the lawyer, see what he/she says about you petitioning the court for emergency conservatorship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back