Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication What Can I Do To Get The Minimum Penalty For Underage Consumption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klutch

Hi, im from ohio, my problem is myself and two friends were drinking and went and sat in my friends car (we were drinkin before we entered the car inside a apt. not while in the car) with the a/c on and listening to some music and a cop came up and breath tested us. He wrote us all citations we didnt get arrested he said we were calm and he was doing us a favor esp not givin the kid in the drivers seat dui. He said that it wouldnt be a fine of more then like 250 and we would have to go to classes. He said he was sending us to mayors court cuz they r easier. I dont believe a word he said, anyone know where my friends and i stand punishment wise? should i get a lawyer? help please

I have been told to ask for a deferred judgement what is this and how do i inquire about it.

Also i have read about getting a diversion to make something like the fine go up and not have as harsh time otherwise? Little confused on this one

a deferred judgment is basically taking classes and paying a small fine to have the judgment removed from your recored, a good idea most of the time. The officer did do you a favor by not arresting you and your friends for DUI, public intoxication and a list of other charges. talk to the judge plead your case, ask about the deferred judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back