What are the legal rights and obligations pertaining to outdoor art?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenecian

What rights do property owners have regarding what they consider lawn art? In my front yard cactus garden I have two pieces of weathered tree roots. The City of Phoenix, Neighborhood Services Dept. has issued a citation requiring me to remove one of them. Have I any legal rights in this matter? What are my obligations?

You will probably have to follow the "laws" (rules) of the city (area) in which you live. You can probably check with the city hall & see what they say.

This is likely an issue of public nuisance ordinances. What code does the citation list as the violation?
What is it about the tree root that they want it removed? How is it art?

What rights do property owners have regarding what they consider lawn art? In my front yard cactus garden I have two pieces of weathered tree roots. The City of Phoenix, Neighborhood Services Dept. has issued a citation requiring me to remove one of them. Have I any legal rights in this matter? What are my obligations?

If you want to know YOUR rights in the city of Phoenix, I suggest you discuss this matter with an Arizona licensed attorney practicing law within the Phoenix metro area.

If it isn't worth spending 500 bucks (or so to know), hire someone for 100 bucks and comply with the citation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back