What are reasonable changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdliii3

My wife and I live in an apartment and when we moved in the apartment allowed any pet less than 50lbs. We have lived here for 1 1/2 years and when we resigned at the end of the 1st year there were no changes to the lease. We have been looking for another dog that would have been allowed under our lease, but when we contacted our landlord they told us that their policy had changed and that now no animals over 25lbs are allowed. This pretty much eliminates the chance of our getting a companion for our border collie since border collies full grown are 35-40lbs. I checked our lease and it says that they (the landlord) have the right to make reasonable changes to the animal addendum, but I am not sure if this falls under that category. This is a complete change of our lease agreement with them and if we would have known that they would not allow animals over 25lbs, we would never have renewed our lease. Is there anything we can do?

Unfortunately, no. Changes such as the one regarding animals are reasonable. You will have to wait for a companion for your dog until the lease matures. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back