What after small claims court?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroonngold

A tenent who had promised to pay with her tax return has left and owes $3400 she also did damages in excess of $1000. If I go to small claims and get a judgment against her how do I actually recoup the money? I have done this before and have been told the person does not make enough to garnish her wages. Once I have a small claims judgement against her - can I get a lien against her tax return or future returns? HELP! I live and rent out these apartments in Minnesota.

maroon-n-gold said:
A tenent who had promised to pay with her tax return has left and owes $3400 she also did damages in excess of $1000. If I go to small claims and get a judgment against her how do I actually recoup the money? I have done this before and have been told the person does not make enough to garnish her wages. Once I have a small claims judgement against her - can I get a lien against her tax return or future returns? HELP! I live and rent out these apartments in Minnesota.
Unfortunately, there is probably little you can do to enforce -- you can't squeeze blood from a stone. This is why many screen their prospective tenants and make sure that they aren't judgment proof. Consider using a rental application to prevent this situation from happening in the future. I'm sorry to hear but these are the facts as I see them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back