Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication WESTLAKE, OH: Searched me for fireworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vern234

I was at a friend's house, but my car was parked in the city park nextdoor. I was leaving and about to head home at 12:30, when a police car rolled up next to me. They didn't say at first what they were looking for, or why they had approached me, but I had heard fireworks earlier and assumed that was it. One of the officers asked me for all my info, wrote it down, and then just started grabbing at my pockets (you know, the way they search you without actually getting prior consent). I never told him it was okay, I never waived my rights, but what rights does a hemp wearing, bluegrass listenin' teenager actually have anymore?

My question is, can they actually search my pockets for fireworks such as mortars and bottle rockets (much too large to conseal in jeans), and assuming that they can search me for fireworks I had nothing to do with lighting, can they still charge me under state code for pot when they found it looking for something else?

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

well, this is difficult to say, because the cops only can stop you and frisk you with probable cause. So one would have to know what the cops will say and how the whole situation was. If they frisk and feel something that obviously is contraband, they can "find" it, so that, too, is subject to interpretation.

Should you be charged for possession you should discuss this with your attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back