Welcome to the Human Resources forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I looked around at some of the other categories of discussion here and saw one that I thought would be interesting to me, considering the industry I work in. And it was. But geez the moderator is a little harsh. Haven't had time to look at any of the others.

Thanks to betty's great feedback, I'm going to provide everyone here with upgraded permissions for greater liberty to enjoy the forum. If you don't have permissions or getting stuck being able to do something, let me know as you're all supposed to have much more liberty than standard users.

Thanks to betty's great feedback, I'm going to provide everyone here with upgraded permissions for greater liberty to enjoy the forum. If you don't have permissions or getting stuck being able to do something, let me know as you're all supposed to have much more liberty than standard users.

Thank you. :)

Didn't mean to post thank you twice - we were having problems with some of the postings & other options & was trying twice to get post to post w/o moderator approval - never needed it previously.

Everything is great now - can post w/o approval again, have the edit post option back & can have signature line. :) Thanks so much for your help "thelawprofessor."

Hey, Michael, while we're on the subject, what's up with the user name "guestpost"? It shows as banned and I know we were doing something with that because it was being used by spammers, but it still appears to crop up with unregistered posters.

Hey, Michael, while we're on the subject, what's up with the user name "guestpost"? It shows as banned and I know we were doing something with that because it was being used by spammers, but it still appears to crop up with unregistered posters.
Ahhh.... well it works most of the time and was an idea of mine. Help seekers could post their questions quickly instead of having to first register, wait for a confirmation email and then post. Most will post and then after given the option to register, they will do so. This custom plugin we developed will connect the registration magically with their post. If they don't return then the post gets reviewed by a moderator and can be posted here as an anonymous post assigned to the user "guestpost." The new software is awesome and has its own guest posting option. You will love it. Can't wait.

Why does that account get banned on occasion? Probably because it has a record of numerous IP addresses which is the official account for all "guest" users who post. Every once in a while I'm guessing that one of those IP addresses belongs to a blackholed spammer. When that happens, that account gets "banned."

I was wondering about the banned also, cbg. I replied to a banned user yesterday since they were able to post & thread wasn't closed or anything.

Thanks, Michael, for the info above.

Have been off th board for a week or so to to being out of town for a funeral. I see some talk of my being banned on the 2nd page. Think this was a case of mistaken identity, on page 1 iahr mentions showing as banned.

lda "the unbanned"

Have been off th board for a week or so to to being out of town for a funeral. I see some talk of my being banned on the 2nd page. Think this was a case of mistaken identity, on page 1 iahr mentions showing as banned.

lda "the unbanned"

Ida, I will inform Michael (thelawprofessor) that you are from "AHI" & he will change you from registered user to TheLaw Student with more privileges (add profile picture, add avatar, add signature line.....) & your name will change from blue to purple. :)

You're welcome. Cute avatar!

So I looked around at some of the other categories of discussion here and saw one that I thought would be interesting to me, considering the industry I work in. And it was. But geez the moderator is a little harsh. Haven't had time to look at any of the others.

txls - "But geez the moderator is a little harsh." I hear you!

We'll call it that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back