Website Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike46

We want to create a website that rivals another company, lets say the name is
ebay.com this is just an example because I don't want to give out the name we are going to use if we do. My Question is if you were to put the word anti in front of ebay making your web address www.antiebay.com would this cause problems with ebay if it was done to them? or are we safe using a domain name like that? and also if you took some of the graphics and altered them so they were not origianal ebay graphics would this be ok too?
Remember I only used ebay as an example. The real domain name was concelled to protect us until we can get this matter resoved. The domain name we are thinking of using is for a web based forum and could involve emall which in this example would be JonDoe@anitebay.com, just another example. :confused:

i think you can do so, as long as you do not copy "ebay's" graphics, content or any other copyright

like for example booble made an adult search engine complimenting google... however their site does not look like google, so i don't think its a big issue

however this is not final advice, you should consult professional advice

This is a hotly contested issue nowadays. You would probably set yourself up to be sued by ebay and I wonder if you want to expose yourself to litigation, even if you might win in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back