Website made for client business, he now will NOT provide his service in return

Status
Not open for further replies.

GnBanditoCI5

Hello, I designed and webmastered a php website for a local business that paints motorcycles and does custom airbrushing and fabricating.

The owner and I had a VERBAL agreement last summer, that in trade for my making his website, he would paint my motorcycle, which from what I understand, he charges $2500 for a basic paint job.

Furthermore we agreed that I would bring my motorcycle into his shop during the winter of 2008-2009 so he could do the work, and thus I would have a nice new paintjob for the summer. Which I did, I had my motorcycle towed (flatbed) down to his workshop in January 2009, at which time he told me it would be about 1 month before he could get to doing my motorcycle because he was very busy at that time.

So basicly he was to start work painting my bike in the beginnng of Feb 2009. At which time I contacted him and asked how things were and I was told..another 2 weeks before he could get to it. This happened 2 or 3 more times until yesterday he called me and told me he was NOT going to paint my bike.

In essence he is NOT providing his service in return for the service I have ALREADY done for him.

What legal actions can i take?

Last edited:
Send him a demand letter for the value of the service you provided, and offer to settle for him painting your motorcycle to agreed-on specifications.

If he doesn't take you up on it, take down his website (if you can), and sue him for the value of your services.

Well see, thats the thing....

When I met him, he already had a website up on his domain, that someone else had made...VERY poor website I might add. So I was the one who approached him in regard to redoing his website for him so it looked really nice being his business is a paint a airbrush graphics business that specializes in painting motorcyles with custom graphics. And needless to say, his current website looked liked his baby made it.

So I then went ahead and designed a site and hosted it on MY webhost so he could see it before he even agreed to pain my motorcycle, which he then did agree...gave me the login info for his webhost etc, I then copied the site over to his host and directed the domain name to it etc.

Once I completed it, I gave him back control of the site, changed passwords and all that.
Again, I completed the site last summer, and over the winter I assume he gave control of the site to someone else, and the site and the work i did is now gone. I dont know why or what or who.
Point is...I completed my work, spent a few weeks with the site design, and custom graphics made especially for HIS business. And put up the site, and ensured he was happy with it. Which he WAS!!!

So point is, I no longer have control of his site, nor is my work even present.

When I recently went to his shop to pick up my motorcycle, which has been sitting there since january....I brought a small recorder with me, and discussed with him "WHY" he decided to no longer honor his side of the bargain. So I DO have him on tape admiting that we DID have an agreement.

So...where do I stand legally?

Thanks again for the feedback.
Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back