Corporate Law Web Site being sued for WAG (Web accessibility)

PlayerOne

Jurisdiction
California
Hi,

I'm being sued by a user on my site for WAG (Web accessibility) in California. I'm a small business owner and did what I can on my Web site to support handicapped people, yet I'm being sued and they used a standard boiler template. They are going after small businesses that cannot afford legal representation and seek for a settlement.

Can you recommend a lawyer familiar with IT (Computer, Web) or have defended such frivolous lawsuits in the state of California, Orange County.

Thank you for any advice,
-Anne

Hi,

I'm being sued by a user on my site for WAG (Web accessibility) in California. I'm a small business owner and did what I can on my Web site to support handicapped people, yet I'm being sued and they used a standard boiler template. They are going after small businesses that cannot afford legal representation and seek for a settlement.

Can you recommend a lawyer familiar with IT (Computer, Web) or have defended such frivolous lawsuits in the state of California, Orange County.

Thank you for any advice,
-Anne
We don't do referrals here but contact the Bar Assoc and they will give you some referrals.

Orange County Bar Association

Sadly there are many lawyers and plaintiffs in your state who've created a cottage industry using laws intended to make life easier for people afflicted with a myriad of maladies to extract money from the coffers of small business people struggling to make an honest living.

It can't hurt to seek a couple of free consultations with lawyers experienced in defending small businesses in matters such as you described.

Back