1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Web Site being sued for WAG (Web accessibility) Corporate Law

Discussion in 'Business & Corporate Matters' started by PlayerOne, Apr 14, 2021.

1. PlayerOne

PlayerOne Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    California
    Hi,

I'm being sued by a user on my site for WAG (Web accessibility) in California. I'm a small business owner and did what I can on my Web site to support handicapped people, yet I'm being sued and they used a standard boiler template. They are going after small businesses that cannot afford legal representation and seek for a settlement.

Can you recommend a lawyer familiar with IT (Computer, Web) or have defended such frivolous lawsuits in the state of California, Orange County.

Thank you for any advice,
    -Anne

2. adjusterjack

adjusterjack Super Moderator

We don't make referrals in the forums. There's a lawyer search at the top of the page though I'm sure you can google "web accessibility defense lawyer" for your city and find some.

You can also study up on web accessibility lawsuits in the following search results.

california web accessibility lawsuit at DuckDuckGo

3. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

We don't do referrals here but contact the Bar Assoc and they will give you some referrals.

Orange County Bar Association

4. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

Sadly there are many lawyers and plaintiffs in your state who've created a cottage industry using laws intended to make life easier for people afflicted with a myriad of maladies to extract money from the coffers of small business people struggling to make an honest living.

It can't hurt to seek a couple of free consultations with lawyers experienced in defending small businesses in matters such as you described.