We had a baby and Blue Cross did not cover delivery or stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhurl15

This summer, my girlfriend and I had our first child together, but when we got the hospital bill we were furious. We found out that blue cross blue shield would not be covering us for the delivery and the hospital stay because she had not been with their company long enough. She has been with them since October 2008. Do we have any case at all? The bill totaled to almost $1000.

If you're excluded, you're excluded. What does her blue cross policy say? Look to that. If you can't find a provision excluding coverage, phone and ask them to point it out to you.

Is this a group policy through your/her employer? If so, at what time did she join the health plan (NOT when did she start with the company - at what time did she enroll in the health plan; the two dates are not necessarily the same) and what, if any, coverage did she have previous to that?

There are laws specific to pregnancy for employer sponsored group coverage that MAY have been violated, but I need the answers to the above questions first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back