Way Back sales tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

nstigator

Hello I need help! I have a judgement against me for back sales tax they have estimated not files by my company from over 15 to 20 years ago. I have been paying a collection agency{Dana and Pariser,Columbus Ohio} 125.00 per month for over 10 years. I stopped paying a few years ago and they grabbed my car, bank account. I want to get outof this nightmare. If transfer my car and close my bank acoount can i become uncollectible or will they come after me in other ways ,like more seizures or "Jail time" I want out!!! I need advice
Stressed in Dayton Ohio.
Harvey

A bit more info would be helpful. Are you saying this collection started over 10 years ago and you are still paying the debt? Also, why did you stop paying?

If there are no other assets to seize from you, then they can get a judgment against you, which simply means they can garnish wages or seize future property until the judgement is paid off. You will not go to jail just because you cannot afford to make payments.

Hello I styopped paying for a couple of months and they grabbed my car and bank acoount to force me to agree to pay the $125.00 per month again . I cant afford to be extorted anymore by there harassment. How do I make myself uncollectible ? I am self empolyed so they cant garnish me . They have a judgement against me in court and have inflated wahat i owe.Do i transfer auto title or close down my bank account ? What else can they do?

There is one small problem here. We aren't talking about a run of the mill civil judgment. You failed to remit your sales tax to the State government. If I were you I would keep paying and be VERY GLAD you are in prison. If you think paying mere $125 a month cramps your style, try not paying it and eating prison food.

The State has probably held your FELONY charges in abeyance because you are paying your payments. If you try to hide assets, they will find them and reverse any fraudulent transactions that are simply meant to hide assets. You need to find out what you owe and make as large a payment as you possibly can as a settlement in full. The State is not going to go away easily nor are they going to let you be "uncollectable." You aren't dealing with a collection agency here.

Hello I dont really owe the taxes i never collected them because when i worked I was working and conducted my business and sold my products in other states where i was not obligated to collect ohio state sales tax even though I was living in ohio. I traveled alot during those years .

I get the feelling there is much more to this than is being told. You stopped paying sales tax for a couple of months, but have been paying $125 a month for 10 years?? That's $15,000. At 5% sales tax that's $300,000 worth of sales.... in a couple months. That's a lot for a small business. Especially looking at price 15-20 yeras ago.

Your business records would should have shown that the items were sold in another state and therefor exempt. I don't mean to be rude, but something seems rather fishy with the whole thing as you have stated it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back