Watching internet streams

Status
Not open for further replies.

B123

Is it illegal for me to watch a PPV on one of these streaming sites?

I don't provide the source as in I don't rent the ppv and broadcast it, so is it illegal to go to one of these sites and watch the ppv?

I'm being hassled now because I told people about the streaming sites on another forum so others could use it and now some dude says he's going to turn me in.

I thought it was only illegal if I was providing the source. I have now obviously stopped.

I know ignorance of the law is in no way an excuse but can I really get into trouble for this?

Also the forum I told people about the sites to see the streams is not mine. I gained nothing by doing this and I have not done this in some time and have no intention of doing it again if it's indeed illegal

Last edited:
There is a difference between you watching and you distributing information about how to obtain illegal material. Liability for contributory infringement requires (1) knowledge of the infringing activity and (2) a material contribution (assistance or inducement) to the alleged pirated materials. In this instance you're providing the directions on how to get there. While you may not get into serious trouble you could be on the hook for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back