Consumer Law, Warranties Warranty on electronic recording device

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrischrisplan

I have used the TASCAM DR-07 digital recording device (cost £140) successfully for three months and now it has failed to power on. The sellers, Amazon.co.uk, say as it was purchased more than 90 days ago they cannot help. The manufacturers, Teac UK, say it was not purchased through them and they can do nothing. I have mislaid the warranty card that came in the box. I have contacted Teac in the US but get only automated emailed replies that say nothing.

In the UK proof of purchase (which I have) is all that is required to claim on any manufacturing defect in the first year.

It was purchased new with a credit card (Mastercard).
How do I proceed?

Last edited:
1) Awesome - I love Tascam stuff and had a 4 track many, many years ago. Glad to help if I can.

2) If you have the proof of purchase, I'd call up TEAC UK, get the fax number of someone in a place that might be notified and send them your letter with a copy of proof of purchase.

Reason - when you send written notice, it has legal implications in addition to setting a tone to people that you are serious and they really do need to think about how to satisfy a customer who is determined to get what was bargained for (the warranty.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back