Waraant Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoursweet1

Ok in 2004 I had moved back to Nevada from California. I retuened to CA to get some of my stuff. I was pulled over for a cracked windshield. I gave my valid NV drivers License but the LEA ran just my name and info. It came back that my Ca DL was suspended for a ticket. (I paid the original ticket). I was cited for driving on a suspended license. I knew I had the original ticket and I paid it late as I was not working at the time. I now have a FTA. I was wondering if I had any recourse as to the fact that I had a Valid Nevada DL was a resident of NV and I did take care of the Original ticket. I am a single mom and have noone here to take care of my kids if I have to do the Mandatory 10 days for a suspended license ticket. This has caused me to not be able to renew my Nv DL also. Thanks for any advice!

CA can suspend your right to drive in their state even with a valid license from NV. What probably happened is the court notified the DMV when you did not appear and your license was suspended. After that jsut paying the court does not lift the suspension. You have to pay another fine to the CA DMV. The only thing is that NV should not have issued the license but it may have been the timing.

Now you have another FTA which means you did not learn anything from your first go around. Continue to drive and your kids will be seeing you only thru the bars sine your NV license is probably suspened by now. Even if you have to borrow the money, get a CA attorney to help you straighten this out and then be sure you are clear with both DMV's. You are going to be lucky to afford the insurance after this. Very expensive lesson, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back