Unlawful Eviction wanting to kmow

jlock37

Jurisdiction
Texas
i moved here 4 years ago and i live on the property of my boss and landlord.the terms were i was to work 2 days a week and my boyfriend was to work 2 days for him to live in a trailer out back on his property.in the 4years weve been we have always done what he asked of us.in late march 2017 he became very sick and ended up in the hospital.Now his sisters and brother in laws have come and took the tractor and lawn mower off the property and took it to thiers.so we could no longer have access to do the work that needs to be done.they have served us with eviction papers my boss ran pwer from his house to my trailer and they went and had the power shut off leaving us with no power or water i had just bought over $100 worth of food all it went bad ive been without power and water for 2 weeks now.my clothes have spoiled cause im not able to wash them.i want to know if i can do anything about this,the one sister says she has power of attorney over him how is it legal for someone who has been under medication and cant even talk due to having a trec sign over power of attorney

.they have served us with eviction papers

Court papers or just termination of tenancy notice?

If it's just notice of termination the law requires that they give you one month's notice. Did they give you one month?

See 91.001:

2015 Texas Statutes :: PROPERTY CODE :: TITLE 8 - LANDLORD AND TENANT :: CHAPTER 91 - PROVISIONS GENERALLY APPLICABLE TO LANDLORDS AND TENANTS

my boss ran pwer from his house to my trailer and they went and had the power shut off leaving us with no power or water

That's illegal.

See 92.008:

2015 Texas Statutes :: PROPERTY CODE :: TITLE 8 - LANDLORD AND TENANT :: CHAPTER 92 - RESIDENTIAL TENANCIES

You can sue her for whatever monetary damages you suffer from the lack of utilities.

the one sister says she has power of attorney over him how is it legal for someone who has been under medication and cant even talk due to having a trec sign over power of attorney

One doesn't need to talk to sign a power of attorney. One only needs a lucid moment and ability to sign.

You are free demand a copy of the POA and you are free to ignore the sister until you get it.

Just understand that, eventually, she'll get it right and you'll be out. Better to leave while you have control over the how and the when.

Last edited:
Back