Wanting Custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC8SHP

Background:

I'm from Michigan, child born in Michigan. Mother from Michigan, mother had a total of three children at the time.

Mother left state with child without FOC or my permission.

Mother's boyfriend killed the youngest child while they were in Sarasota, Florida.

Remaining children taken away from mother by the State of Florida. This happened in 95 or 96. Don't remember.

I attempted to get custody of my child and guardianship of the other child to keep them together. Local protective services came and did an inspection of my house, wife, and myself. All passed but me because of owing the courts 2,000 in restitution. I had commited a felony that did not involve violence, drugs, or alchol. I have never, for that matter, been in trouble for anything of them natures.

Sarasota County then cut off all communication with me. Even communication concerning the welfare of my child.

The grandmother on the mother's side proceeded to get custody of the children. Once the children were moved back to Michigan, she did allow me visitation in her home.

Grandmother's house burned down and she moved the children to Texas somewhere. She has told her children here in Michigan to NOT tell me where they are.

I want custody of MY child. Any help here would be appreciated. Also, are there any free or cheap lawers available for something like this. I can't afford to pay for a lawer up front.

William Wickings - Port Huron, MI

I'm not sure what you need -- if it's a lawyer in Florida on some type of contingency or financing, that isn't going to be easy and probably not possible. Just like everyone else, these people do this for a living and need to be paid for their work!!! :)

I think that you may have to make a decision on how you want to handle this. I don't know exactly what the $2,000 is for but you'd probably want to take care of that immediately. When a child is taken out of your area and out of state without your permission, this should be reported to the police.

You may want to contact your local family assistance center, for the state of Michigan you can find it here:

http://www.michigan.gov/emi/1,1303,7-102-112_220---,00.html

Good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back