Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Wanted for Questioning in Relation to Arrest for Printing Counterfeit Money

Counterfeiting is a Federal crime. Better start calling attorneys and pack your toothbrush.

Hi All,

Hi All,

To start off, my friend is an 18 year old college student with no criminal record. Recently, an acquittance of his he allowed to stay with him for a few days was arrested for the printing of counterfeit money. This money was printed on my buddy's dime, and they searched THE dorm room and found some of the money there (Remember he let him stay with there for a few days, so I suppose he might be able to explain this away). There is no warrant out for his arrest, the police only want to have him come in for questioning, so I suppose I have two questions.

First off, if he were to go in, what are his chances of being arrested?

I would assume they are not super high given that a warrant hasn't been issued, but I'm not sure if this is a bait and switch or not.

Secondly, should he simply tell them the truth, which incriminates him to a significant degree, or embellish upon the truth so as to not incriminate himself?

The latter may seem like an obvious choice, but I'm not sure if they might be willing to cut HIM loose or not due to his lack of a record and potential in life (this statement may sound quite naive, I really don't know).

Thank you.

Never, under ANY circumstances is it a wise action to agree to talk to the police.

No good can ever come of any criminal defendant, suspect, person of interest, or someone that could be tangentially involved with the commission of ANY crime meeting with and talking with the police.

No defense lawyer would ever advise any person to talk with the police.

There are dozens of reasons why we all have the right to remain silent, and that is especially prescient when the fickle finger of suspicion might be pointing in YOUR direction.

Do yourself a favor and stop communicating with the police.

If you are arrested, or forgotten it won't be based upon your ability to talk your way out of this potential predicament.

Therefore, its wise NOT to talk to the police under any circumstances.

The police are far more clever and beguiling than you can imagine.

I suggest you simply say, no thanks, I have NOTHING to say about this matter.

In the interim, it might be very wise to talk with your parents and ask if they could help you hire a lawyer.

If that's not possible, hunker down and await the next things that could happen.

If arrested, you invoke and remain silent.

Its okay to give, name, age, date of birth, address, marital status, etc...

Again, DON'T under any circumstances discuss the case or the other person.

Do you think even the university police would be out to screw anyone? They want to talk to him before he can go back to my dorm, if that's an option at all. At this point he may just head back home and try to get a lawyer.

The OPERATIVE word is POLICE!!!!!

University police, city police, county police; all are police.

Did you watch my friend's video?

The answer is revealed over and over.....

I urge you to discuss this with a lawyer before talking to the police.

No good can come of you talking to the police.

You also need to choose your friends more carefully.

There are no FREE lunches.

The police aren't TRYING to screw you, pre se, they're main goal is CONVICT you!!!!

Last edited:
I agree with you on all counts. I've been very unwise with my choice of friends recently and this has really drove that lesson home to me. Since I need to speak with them to get back into my dorm I'm just going to go home and get myself a good criminal defense lawyer. I'll let them know that any illicit materials they may have found in my dorm were the property of this man and that I will not be speaking about the case with them. Thank you for your help, talking to the police would have been a very bad decision based on everything I've read.

Your response reveals why talking to the police in any form is always something that never works.
If you admit to ANY contraband in the room, you've all but confessed.

You THINK an apparently innocuous denial will exonerate you.
Sorry, my friend, anything you say CAN and WILL be used against YOU in a court of law.

You might NEVER get backin that room.
If that's all that happens, you're lucky.
The police don't need you to deny anything, admit anything, because you'll probably be charged one way or another.

Talking to the police, even to do a SGT. SCHULTZ (I know nussing) can hurt you, too!!!!

If you say the stuff sent yours, you admit circuititously to KNOWING the contraband existed, and effectively you knew what the other dude was up to by having it.

It's a very slippery slope whenever you even try to deny.

See that lawyer before you do, or say anything.

For all you know, the other dude could have already ratted you out as MR. BIG, the brains and facilitator of the OPERATION.

A warrant is not necessary for an arrest as long as there is probable cause, but you have no idea if a warrant has been issued.

Though I wonder, if they could charge me with something, why have they not yet done so?

The police aren't stupid.
The police do what they do as a profession, not a hobby.
The police are cautious, deliberate, and careful.
Many times the police could arrest you for XXX.
The police slow play it in most cases,preferring to arrest you for two counts of XXX, YYY, ZZZ, AAA, BBB, and ABC.
The police know who you are, and where to find you.
I suspect in your case, the police are trying to make a criminal conspiracy case, as in organized crime, racketeering.

I won't know what the likelyhood of my being arrested is until I talk with my lawyer, so I'll figure that out tomorrow.

You know what else police do?

The scour the internet for people who are foolish enough post their real names and their crimes on legal websites.

If there is any way of getting this thread removed by the moderators I suggest you ask that it be removed, if it's not too late already.

Click on the word "report" in your last post.

Never, under ANY circumstances is it a wise action to agree to talk to the police.

No good can ever come of any criminal defendant, suspect, person of interest, or someone that could be tangentially involved with the commission of ANY crime meeting with and talking with the police.

No defense lawyer would ever advise any person to talk with the police.

There are dozens of reasons why we all have the right to remain silent, and that is especially prescient when the fickle finger of suspicion might be pointing in YOUR direction.

Do yourself a favor and stop communicating with the police.

If you are arrested, or forgotten it won't be based upon your ability to talk your way out of this potential predicament.

Therefore, its wise NOT to talk to the police under any circumstances.

The police are far more clever and beguiling than you can imagine.

I suggest you simply say, no thanks, I have NOTHING to say about this matter.

In the interim, it might be very wise to talk with your parents and ask if they could help you hire a lawyer.

If that's not possible, hunker down and await the next things that could happen.

If arrested, you invoke and remain silent.

Its okay to give, name, age, date of birth, address, marital status, etc...

Again, DON'T under any circumstances discuss the case or the other person.

Could you delete this thread for me? I've gotten all the information I need.

Back