Want to see my granddaughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

blessmissy

My son and daughterinlaw live in Texas. They have a two year old daughter. My daughterinlaw became upset with me because I did not buy her a build-a-bear, I gave her a book of John. She seem ok until she got pregnant and now she seems really crazy. My son does not stand up to her. He is afraid of her. We would like to see our granddaughter, we live in another state. What legal rights do we have?

I think she is not really upset but just wants to separate my son from his family. She makes a mountain out of a mole hill so she can seem hurt and control everyone around her. She manipulates my son into thinking she is hurt when she really is not.

My husband and I were really sick last year, he had cancer and I had open heart surgery. She started all this soon after we were out of the hospital. It was from a year ago. I fell like she has done it intentional to harm us physically. Is ther anything we can do about this? Someone told us that these actions had "criminal intent"

Grandparents have only VERY limited rights, and probably none in this situation since your son is still married to this woman and does not stand up to her.

He can allow you to see the child if he chooses, if not then you are out of luck. Parents have the control overall on who sees their kids.

Your son is a grown man who should grow a backbone to her.

You can contact an attorney, but because the child is so young and has not been around you much and you live in another state, it is unlikely anything is going to happen.

Your best bet is to try to get on their good side and hope they change their mind and allow you to see them.

I see no criminal intent her either, that would be near impossible to prove. Again your son is allowing all of this to happen so it is not just her to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back